1978 BMW R100S FOR SALE

Stuff to sell, stuff wanted, etc.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

1978 BMW R100S FOR SALE

Postby Hank Pfister » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:18 pm

I have mixed emotions about offering this great bike for sale. But something has to go, as my garage is too full of bikes (if thats really possible). It is a 1978 BMW R100S, Dan Rodriquez's bike. Those who might not know Dan, he was active with Twin Valley Riders from the beginning, till he died in a freak motorcycle accident a few years ago. I bought the bike from his estate to keep it from going to a bike salvage yard. Dan bought it new, equipped for touring with a full fairing, touring bars, bags etc, instead of the original S style fairing and low Euro bars. Dan rode a LOT! And rode well. He put a lot of miles on this bike, and kept it up really well. It has well over 100,000 mile, probably over 200,000. He obviously planned to keep riding it, as in the last few years before his untimely death he had some major work done on it. I have documentation of a complete top end rebuild, with new pistons, rings, rebuilt heads, and a brand new transmission with a KICK starter (very rare, probably a police bike transmission). Since I've owned it, I had the brake system gone over, and the master cylinder rebuilt, callipers rebuilt, stainless brake lines put on, new pads, an original BMW S bike fairing and low S bars, new cables, touch up paint of frame, gas tank boiled out and sealed, re-painted the tank, fenders, fairing etc. in a metal flake forest green with gold pin stripes, brand new exhaust headers, and mufflers. The engine has a 336 "sport cam". It runs really great! Shifts better than my Oilhead GS. I wouldn't worry about the high milage, as this bike has a lot of fun miles left in it!
I'm asking $3000 for it. Everything works on it, including the clock, volt meter, tach, speedo, and odometer. Original tool kit, and owners manual included, as well as a BMW shop manual. See the bike on the web at:
http://tinyurl.com/8kamt
Contact me at 540-929-5071 or pfestus1@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Hank Pfister
Copper Hill, VA
Hank Pfister

Return to Classifieds