Jarman's (Charlottesville) closed now.

Area sources for parts and services

Moderator: AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader

Jarman's (Charlottesville) closed now.

Post by AntonLargiader » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:32 pm

EDIT: Jarman's closed its doors in October 2017.

----------------

I stopped in there today, for the first time. A few new bikes, a decent sized shop in the back, and some apparel in the front. I was specifically looking for Sidi boots, but according to the website the nearest dealer is in Harrisonburg. True enough, Jarman's mostly had Fox. I talked to James Jarman, the owner, who told me that they are trying to expand the clothing line and that he could certainly order in a pair of Sidi boots for me to try. Also he mentioned that he might get a few BMW customers if he had a BMW mechanic! I told him I do BMW work on the side and he made a note to that effect. :)

On a separate note, I haven't verified this but I've heard that they will not install tires that you bring in. I'll ask next time I'm there.

They're on 10th between Main and Preston.
(434) 293-4406
(877) 335-4184 tol-free
www.jarmanssportcycles.com
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI

prscarr

Jarman's and Tires

Post by prscarr » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:11 pm

Yes indeed, Jarmans will happily change tires on your beemer. Last tire change I did, I ordered the tires from motorocycledirect.com (I think that was the place) and had my wife follow me down there in the van with the tires in the back. They did a great job for a reasonable price. The only hitch was converting Newton/Meters (the measurement in the BMW owners manual) to Foot/Pounds on the torque wrench!!! The mechanic was quite resourceful and fired up Google(!) on the PC on the desk and found a conversion site.

AntonLargiader

CLOSED! :(

Post by AntonLargiader » Sun May 06, 2018 10:10 am

Unfortunately as most people know by now, Jarman's closed its doors for good last fall. They were the longest continuously operating Yamaha dealer in the US but ran into a string of issues starting with the 2007 recession and ultimately had to close.
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI